Important Information regarding your continued training at Starz Dance Centre
Starz Dance Centre is monitoring the impacts and concerns associated with the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) very closely. In line with our core values, we are taking every precaution to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to protect our employees, students, and communities.
Our thoughts are with anyone who is impacted by this COVID-19 pandemic directly or indirectly.
As an indoor sports setting, we will resume operating in person classes July 13th and we are exempt from the current Metropolitan Melbourne shut down ruling. As professionals who work closely with children and teens, we are committed to continuing to care for the health and safety of our students and their families. We have in place precautionary procedures to maintain a hygienic and healthy environment in our studio so that we can continue to provide training for our students. We are offering students the opportunity to attend their classes in person or virtually.
What hygiene steps are we taking in our studio?
Please be assured our team are maintaining a clean and healthy environment for our staff and students, by taking the following extra measures:
• Coaching and admin staff are regularly sanitizing hands before and after contact with a student.
• Coaching staff are disinfecting equipment and surfaces used in each session.
• All students and parents are asked to use hand sanitizer on arrival, before and after their session.
• Daily health screening checks are being undertaken with staff and students/ parents to ensure there are no presenting symptoms.
• General sanitisation is maintained throughout the studio.
As is expected throughout the community, we ask all students, parents and staff to be vigilant with personal hygiene.
See the World Health Organisation’s page on Protective Measures Against the New Coronavirus, with information on washing hands, social distancing, respiratory hygiene and when to stay at home.
Will my program be affected? Should I still attend my class?
We understand there is concern when attending the studio, however, we are maintaining internal processes so that we can continue to provide training at our studio. Joining classes via Zoom is also available. We are keeping up to date with announcements from the health minister and Victorian Government at all times. Our team will be able to answer any questions you may have.
However, please do not attend your session if any of the following apply to you:
• you have developed a fever, cough and other flu-like symptoms
• you have recently returned (with 14 days) from overseas or metropolitan melbourne and have not self-isolated
• you have been diagnosed with COVID-19
• you have been in close proximity (within 14 days) with someone you know to have been diagnosed with COVID-19
In such cases, as is also advised by Australian health authorities, please self-isolate and call to notify us of your situation. We will work with you to arrange alternative class attendance if you are unable to attend your class in these circumstances.
If you have any questions, concerns, or to notify us of any changes in your situation, please call us.
Thank you for your support and trust in us and please do not hesitate to call or text if you have any questions
The team at Starz Dance Centre